- 1 lb Ground Meat (turkey, 85% lean beef)
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 green bell peppers
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Include 2 tbsp of sauce in pepper stuffing mixture
- Combine ingredients
- Optional: save peppers in gallon freezer bag and sauce in quart freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw overnight.
- Place in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.