- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c mild salsa verde
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
- Rub chicken breasts in olive oil and place in crockpot with remaining ingredients
- Cook on low for 6-7 hrs (high 2-3 hrs).
- Remove chicken and let rest 5 mins before shredding. Return to crockpot and let cook on low for 20-30 mins to absorb some of the remaining liquid.
- Add additional lime or hot sauce for flavor variety.
Topping Ideas: Lettuce, tomato, avocado, cilantro, lime, Monterey cheese, sour cream